BEST VIEWED IN 1280 x 1024 SCREEN RESOLUTION! THANK YOU!

Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm going forward in tiiiiiiiiiiiime

Generally speaking, I've identified with more of a 1960's/1970's style in my photography - very washed out, low contrast, weird colors. I had an unexplainable aversion to my camera's flash, even if it lowered the quality of the shadows in my images from too much noise.

With my capstone project, I've decided to push my ideas forward about ten years. I've turned on the flash and started taking all of my pictures indoors, making the contrast extremely bright, and also adding text to my images. All of this adds up to create a 1980's fashion advertisement kind of look, if that makes sense. The flash makes the pictures look more candid, sort of like they were quickly shot at a party or event that the clothes I could potentially be advertising were being worn at the event.

I like the idea of making my photographs more modern, and at the same time, I think that it's a style that is still very distinctively mine - mostly in my use of color and creating a "subtle surrealism" with the way I edit. I'm excited to finish this capstone and see where this style takes me in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

Plainfield, IL, United States
I am an amateur portrait/fashion photographer who works in more of a colorful, surreal, somewhat 1970s style. My goal is to take beautiful pictures of people in a way that is different than any other portrait artist or fashion photographer. I am still trying to find my style, but I think it is getting more defined every day. Right now, I am a junior in high school. In college, I hope to music composition. Though as an adult I may not be a practicing photographer, I know that it will always be a huge part of my life, and the things I am learning now will influence me for the rest of my life.